Monday, April 4, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

I thought I should add something before the year is up. This is my new steal from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  I think the main complaint against oatmeal is that it is too mushy.  This takes care of that problem.  It is more like a giant oatmeal cookie.

6 cups oatmeal, either quick or old-fashioned
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (I think less could be used)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
2 cups milk
4 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 9X13-inch baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with milk and/or fresh fruit.
The recipe can be easily halved and baked in an 8X8-inch pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment