Monday, July 25, 2011

God's Granola

Here's the official recipe for the granola from WCC this year. I ate at least 2 bowl fulls at breakfast everyday and plan on making myself a batch or seven to get me out of the breakfast dullddrums.

God's Granola
(makes 5lbs. also, the kitchen used a convection oven so if you don't have one, you may have to adjust the heat (25 degrees higher) and cook for slightly longer)

2c canola oil
2c honey
2.5 lb rolled oats
3/4 lb walnuts, halved
1/4 lb coconut
1/4 lb sunflower seeds
1c sliced almonds
2t cinnamon
1/2T cloves
1/2t nutmeg
1/2T allspice

1. place oil and honey in a sauce pan, heat up until it starts to come to a boil
2. in a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well
3. once oil/honey is heated up, add to dry mix and incorporate until all dry ingredients are well mixed (no dry spots)
4. spread evenly onto several sheet pans lined with parchment
5. bake at 275 degrees for 30-40min
6. allow to cool for a couple hours before storing


NOTE: I made this today. It ended up being 3 sheet pans full. I used the convection setting on my oven (for the first time) and it turned out great. I didn't have 2c of honey, so I used 1c honey and 1c maple syrup. It turned out AMAZING! When I store it, I'll probably mix in some raisens, craisens or other dried fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment