Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Beef Stroganoff

I forgot how good this is!

1 lb beef -- cut into bite size pieces or use ground beef, season with s&p
1 onion, chopped
8 or so mushrooms, cut (I use Cremini)
2 packages brown gravy (dry)
2 C water
1 C sour cream

Start cooking onions in large pot with some oil, butter or mixture. When they start to turn translucent, add the meat and cook thoroughly. Add mushrooms at any time depending on how soft you like them. I add them when the meat is nearly cooked. Add brown gravy mix and two cups of water. Bring to a boil and lower heat, cook intil thick and opaque. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.

Stir in about 8 oz of cooked wide egg noodles.

Very easy, very fast

1 comment:

  1. When I make this again I think I'll use one package of gravy/1 C water and add a can of cream of mushroom soup and some water if it needs it...the sauce is very rich

    ReplyDelete